“Soup puts the heart at ease, calms down the violence of hunger, eliminates the tension of the day, and awakens and refines the appetite.” -Auguste Escoffier
Whenever we feel chilly or sick, we always long for a warm and hearty soup to help us feel good on the inside. This recipe I’m about to share is a simple version of a homemade chicken noodle soup that can be anyone’s favorite and nothing too complicated to make either. It can me made anytime of the day especially when you feel like making noodle soup or just really hungry and need a quick fix! I used linguine for the noodles since I always have one around in my kitchen as a substitute to egg noodles. Enjoy!
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
Serves 3| 30 minutes|
1/2 cup white onion, sliced
2 garlic cloves, sliced
1 small ginger, julienned
2 chicken breasts, large diced
100 g noodles, linguine or egg noodles
1 small carrot, diced
1 small zucchini, diced
2 Tbsp cooking oil
3 cups chicken stock or more
1 stem of scallions, chopped
1 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp dried rosemary
Parsley, chopped for garnish
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. In a sauce pan, saute onions, ginger, and garlic until aromatic. Add in the chicken and saute until brown.
2. Add in the carrots and saute then pour in the chicken stock. Season with a little salt and pepper at the same time add the soy sauce, rosemary, and cayenne pepper. Wait until it boils then lower down the heat to simmer.
3. Put in the noodles and let it simmer for 10 minutes or until noodles are cooked.
4. Add in the zucchini and scallions and let it simmer for another minute. Season more to taste!
5. Add the parsley and turn off the heat. Serve in a bowl of your choice. Enjoy!